With state-of-the-art technology for diagnosis, treatment and monitoring of patients, combined with an excellent clinical staff and a specialized multidisciplinary team, CNH Cardiovascular Institute (ICV) is focused on the safe, agile and personalized reception of patients of all ages with support of Telemedicine and Genetics in the management of cardiovascular and cardiometabolic diseases.
Equipment and Infrastructure
Through the development of specialized structures in different areas of cardiology, our physicians provide an integrated line of care focused on the patient's experience. It begins with consultations and routine examinations at the cardiovascular clinics of SER CHN - Integrated Medical Solutions and provides you follow-up up to post-discharge care. Often, this monitoring is done with one of our physicians through teleorientation, keeping patients in their home comfort while we take care of their health. We offer individualized outpatient care in several areas of cardiology:
- Pericardium and Cardiorheumatology Diseases;
- Cardiometabolism (Hypertension, Diabetes and Obesity);
- Women's Cardio-obstetrics and Cardiology;
- Pacemakers and Cardiac Arrhythmias;
- Anticoagulation and Thrombocardiology;
- Congenital Heart Disease in Children, Adolescents, Adults and Cardiogenetics;
- Vascular Medicine;
- Cardiac Surgical Risk;
- Pulmonary Hypertension;
- Valvular Heart Disease and Endocarditis;
- Cardiac Surgery;
- Coronary Disease and Chest Pain;
- Transplant and Advanced Heart Failure;
- Athlete's Cardiology;
- Heart Failure with Preserved Ejection Fraction and Cardiac Amyloidosis;
- Second Opinion of Cardiology (SOMAR Program).
The CHN Cardiovascular Institute has radiologists on duty 24 hours a day; protocols for personalized care, including high-complexity and high-tech equipment for imaging exams – such as 3.0 Teslas MRI and 160-channel Computed Tomography. The sector also has two highly technological hemodynamic equipment to perform arrhythmia, endovascular and cardiac surgery procedures, in addition to the treatment of acute myocardial infarction and percutaneous approach to congenital cardiac pathologies. In cases of hospitalization, the sector provides 10 general beds and 10 Intensive Care Unit (ICU) beds for complex cases.
24-hour hospital emergency
In our cardiovascular emergency, available 24 hours and with integrated care to the Diagnostic Imaging and Intensive Care Units (ICU) sector, we have specialized units that guarantee individualized and assertive patient care. They are the following:
- Chest Pain Unit;
- Acute Heart Failure Unit;
- Syncope Unit;
- Vascular Unit - 24h Aorta and Pulmonary Embolism;
- Acute care in anticoagulation;
- 24h Arrhythmia and Pacemaker Unit;
- Virtual Cardiology Care Center / Teleorientation;
- Adult and Adolescent Congenital Heart Disease Center.
Our medical excellence, which has adopted the care protocols of the best hospitals in the world, has been proven through several accreditations received by CHN in recent years - such as the QMENTUM Canada Global Program, granted by Accreditation Canada International (ACI) -, attesting to our commitment to health and well-being of patients.
Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation Program
The CHN Cardiovascular Institute (ICV) has a Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation service. Intended for patients undergoing treatment for cardiovascular diseases or post-treatment with COVID-19, the space has a multidisciplinary team consisting of a cardiologist, endocrinologist, physiotherapist and physical education teacher, who work in a space with their own gym. The following conditions are eligible for cardiopulmonary rehabilitation:
- Coronary artery disease (AMI, Angina, post-angioplasty)
- Preoperative and postoperative of cardiac surgeries (revascularization, valve replacement, heart transplantation, arthropathies)
- Chronic heart failure
- Patients at high risk of cardiovascular disease (obese, hypertensive, diabetic, dyslipidemic, smokers)
- Patients with sequelae of COVID-19 (tiredness, dyspnea, fatigue, neuropathies, myocarditis, pulmonary fibrosis and others)
- Patients in the pre- and postoperative period of thoracic and abdominal surgeries
- Patients with cerebrovascular or peripheral vascular diseases
- Pneumopathy patients
- Patients after bone marrow transplant
- Oncological patients
Benefits of Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation
Among the benefits of cardiopulmonary rehabilitation, we find:
- improvement in respiratory capacity and physical conditioning;
- increased muscle mass and better weight control;
- improved strength, physical performance and balance (especially in the elderly);
- benefit to mental health, with improvement in depression and anxiety disorder;
For more information or to schedule your appointment, please contact our Customer Service at (21) 2729-1000 (option 1).
Ana Luíza Sales – Technician Responsible for the Cardiac Transplant Program
Clóvis Monteiro – Cardiologist Responsible for Interventional Cardiology
Evandro Tinoco – CHN Cardiovascular Medical Manager
João Tress – Medical Manager of the Echocardiography Service
Kátia Luz – Cardiologist Responsible for the Inpatient Unit
Mário Amar – Cardiac Surgeon
Rafael Vilanova Lima – Medical Coordinator of Cardiovascular Emergency
Ronaldo Vegni – Medical Coordinator of the Cardiac Intensive Care Unit.